TEN Remarkable Physical Therapy Courses
Coming Up Soon!
Manual Therapy for Cardiac and Treatment of Tissue Specific Fascial Mobility
Module 9 – November 3rd
Module 10 – November 4th
2018 CEU Course Schedule!!
Modules 1 and 2 (Low Back and Neck) will be taught in Washington, DC on April 21st and 22nd, 2018.
Modules 3 and 4 (Sacrum) will be taught in Washington, DC on June 23rd and 24th, 2018.
Modules 1 and 2 (Low Back and Neck) will be taught in Maui, HI on July 14th and 15th, 2018
Modules 5 and 6 (Compression Syndromes and Spine and Nerves) will be taught in Washington, DC on August 4th and 5th, 2018.
Modules 7 and 8 (Manual Treatment of Concussions) will be taught in Washington, DC on September 22nd and 23rd, 2018.
Modules 9 and 10 (Manual Therapy for Cardiac and Treatment of Tissue Specific Fascial Mobility) will be taught in Washington, DC on November 3rd and 4th, 2018.
Join Lisa Klein, PT, IMT.C for these unique classes on Comprehensive Manual Therapy Techniques. All classes have been certified by the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy for .7 hours of CEU credits, per course. Please contact your state Board for reciprocity information. ****DC and VA have reciprocity with MD for PT CEUs. All individual Modules are approved for 7 hours of CEU credits by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
The course cost is $250 per class, or $450 for a two class weekend. Course cost includes lunch. Please see below for registration information.
Lisa Klein is available for teaching in clinics as well. Please contact her directly at Lisa@totalhealthptdc.com for more information. Contact Lisa directly for information about registering for the Lancaster and Maui classes.
Topics Covered In Module 1: Low Back and Neck – Basic
- Myofascial Mapping
- Treatment of the Diaphragms
- Manual Visceral Treatment for Shock
- Myofascial Release for the Pelvis and Sacrum
- Myofascial Release for the Cranio-Cervical Junction
- Strain Counterstrain for the Pelvis, Sacrum, and Low Back
Topics Covered In Module 2: Low Back and Neck – Intermediate
- Myofascial Mapping on Multiple Planes
- The Diagnostic 5 Point Technique
- Inhibition and Nullification Techniques
- Manual Treatment of Bone Bruises, Soft Tissue Inflammation and Immune Deficiency
- Manual Treatment of Circulatory Shock
- The Jones 7 Point Sacral Release
- Myofascial Release of the Cranial Dura
Topics Covered in Module 3: Sacrum – Basic
- Review of Modules 1 & 2
- Manual treatment for Physical Trauma Induced Shock
- Muscle Energy Techniques for Pelvis and Sacrum
- Manual Treatment for Sacral Plexus
- Manual Treatment of Compression Syndromes
- Visceral Treatment for Related Pelvis and Sacral Organs
Topics Covered in Module 4: Sacrum – Intermediate
- Review of Module 3
- Muscle Energy Techniques for Sacrum
- Advanced Strain Counterstrain for Discs
- Advanced Strain Counterstrain for Pelvic and Spinal Vessels
- Advanced Strain Counterstrain for Cranial Circulation
- Advanced Strain Counterstrain for Eyes
- Advanced Strain Counterstrain for the Cervical Spine
Topics Covered in Module 5: Spine and Nerves
- Review of Module 4
- Muscle Energy Techniques for the Spine: Type 1’s and 2’s
- Manual Therapy to treat adverse mechanical neural tension for the spine, plexi, cranial nerves, upper and lower extremity sensory and motor nerves and pelvis
Topics Covered in Module 6: Compression Syndromes
- Review of Module 5
- Treatmen for upper and lower extremity myofascial locks on specific tissues
- Review of treatment for bone bruises, disruptions of membrane and immune deficiency
Topics Covered in Module 7: Cranial 1: Manual Treatment of Concussions: Basic
- Review of preparation work needed prior to treating cranium; review of treatment of bone bruises and disruptions of membrane
- Mobilization of TM joint and spheno-basilar joints
- Mobilization of cranial bones
- Mobilization of cranial dura
- Treatment of cranial blood flow
Topics Covered in Module 8: Cranial 2: Manual Treatment of Concussions: Intermediate
- A review of the information from Module 7
- The appropriate preparation work to be performed prior to treatment of the cranial joints and bones
- Mobilization of the temporo-mandibular joint and the spheno-basilar joint
- Mobilization of the basic cranial bones
- Mobilization of the cranial dura on multiple planes; and treatment for ensuring blood flow in and out of the cranium
- Mobilization of the key bones involved in the cranial facial gear mechanism
- Performing the neuro-fascial releases for the cranium
- Performing the compression syndrome techniques for the cranium
Topics Covered in Module 9: Manual Therapy for Cardiac
- Indications and contraindications for cardiac treatment
- Preparation work needed prior to performing cardiac treatment
- Treatment for cardiac related hard frame
- Advanced Straincounterstrain for cardiac and related tissues
- Treatment to open compression syndromes for the cardiac area
- Treatment of cardiac biomechanics
- Treatment of biomechanics associated with cardiac motilities
Topics Covered in Module 10: Tissue Specific Fascial Mobility
- The philosophy of tissue specific fascial mobilities
- How to find and treat tissue specific fascial mobilities in the nervous, cardiopulmonary, hard frame, vascular, lymphatic and visceral systems
- Pre and post manual therapy needed when treating tissue specific fascial mobilities
- Indications and contraindications.
Topics Covered in Manual Therapy for Physicians
- Education of the background of manual therapy
- Discussion of relevant research
- Explanation and instruction on the Advanced StrainCounterstrain treatment for diaphragms
- Explanation and instruction on the indirect 3 planar Myofascial Release Technique for the diaphragms
- Explanation and instruction on the MFR treatment for pelvis, sacrum and spine
- Education and instruction on the 4 phase cranio-cervical release
- Explanation and instruction on manual treatment for the physiology of shock
- Explanation and instruction on Strain Counterstrain for the sacrum, pelvis, and low back
- Case examples
Courses will be held at Total Health Physical Therapy (unless otherwise noted)
1712 I (Eye) Street, NW, Suite 305
Washington, DC 20006
To Register or for more information please call 202-669-8098, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Register for Courses Online link at the top of the page.